The Central New York Defense Alliance 501(c) 6 is a not-for-profit corporation, incorporated in April of 2011. The Alliance is a collaborative force of New York businesses, academia, Government agencies and community leaders focused on strengthening and expanding the region’s high tech eco-system by supporting research, development and commercialization opportunities enabled by collaboration and partnerships with our region’s federal assets, AFRL Information Directorate (AFRL/RI), Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), Eastern Area Defense Sector (EADS) and the FAA Designated Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Test Site.
Ms. Mary Carol Chruscicki is the Executive Director and Secretary of the organization. She is also Co-Owner of AX Enterprize, AX Tactical, AX Signature and Reindance Stables.
The CNY Defense Alliance Board of Directors includes representatives from industry and academia. The Board of Directors are:
- Ms. Cheryl Haritatos – Chairperson [Dir of Operations, BAE Sys]
- Dr. William Jemison – Vice Chairperson [Clarkson University’s Vice Provost for Research while also serving as the Professor and Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.]
- Mr. Mark Pfisterer – Treasurer [CEO, AmeriCU Credit Union]
- Dr. Gerry Capraro [President and Senior Scientist, Capraro Technologies, Board Chair of the Griffiss Institute]
- Mr. Chuck Green [ President & CEO of Assured Information Security]
- Mr. Evan DeGennaro [Economic Development Manager, NYSTEC]
- Mr. John Graniero [Former AFRL/RI Chief Scientist, Director of the AFRL Information Institute, Board Chair of the NYS Cyber Research Institute]
- Dr. Donald Hanson [Former AFRL/RI Director]
- Mr. John Zogby [Zogby Analytics]
Ms. Margot Ashcroft, AFRL Information Directorate of Strategic Planning & Integration Division Chief, CNY Defense Alliance Liaison
Events Committee: The objective is to support events that are of interest to the membership and the community including “luncheon and learns”,conferences, workshops/seminars and meetings with our representatives in Albany and Washington D.C.
Marketing Team: The objective is to promote the CNY region’s federal assets, AFRL/RI, DFAS, EADS and the UAS Test Site, and the high tech eco-system they enable.
Membership Committee: Our membership is our voice. The objective of this committee is to expand the CNY Defense Alliance membership to include small and large high tech business, academic institutions and support organizations whose growth directly or indirectly depends on our region’s assets AFRL/RI, DFAS, EADS and the UAS Test Site.