The Central New York Defense Alliance 501(c) 6 is a not-for-profit corporation. It was incorporated in April of 2011 and is Doing Business as the CYBER New York Alliance. The Alliance is a collaborative force of New York businesses, academia, Government agencies and community leaders collaborating on Command, Control, communications, Cyber and Intelligence (C4I) challenges and partnering in innovative research and development fostered by the AFRL Information Directorate, Rome New York.
Ms. Mary Carol Chruscicki is the Executive Director and Secretary of the organization.
The CYBER NY Alliance Board of Directors includes representatives from industry and academia who have extensive knowledge of AFRL programs. The Board of Directors:
- Ms. Cheryl Haritatos – Chairperson [Dir of Operations, BAE Sys]
- Dr. William Jemison – Vice Chairperson [Clarkson University’s Vice Provost for Research while also serving as the Professor and Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.]
- Mr. Mark Pfisterer – Treasurer [CEO, AmeriCU Credit Union]
- Dr. Gerry Capraro [President and Senior Scientist, Capraro Technologies, Board Chair of the Griffiss Institute]
- Mr. Chuck Green [ President & CEO of Assured Information Security]
- Mr. Evan DeGennaro [Economic Development Manager, NYSTEC]
- Mr. John Graniero [Former AFRL/RI Chief Scientist, Director of the AFRL Information Institute, Board Chair of the NYS Cyber Research Institute]
- Dr. Donald Hanson [Former AFRL/RI Director]
- Mr. John Zogby [Zogby Analytics]
Ms. Margot Ashcroft, AFRL Rome Director of Strategic Planning & Integration, CYBER NY Alliance Liason
The objective is to develop the Cyber New York brand and marketing campaign that encourages organizations to join the Alliance but more importantly promotes our CNY Region as a RECOGNIZED Center of Excellence in Cyber & Information Technology
The objective is to plan events that are of interest to the membership and the community, help attract new members and help market our region. Event types include Lectures, Workshops/Seminars, Conferences, Trade Shows, “Field” Trips and Luncheons.
Resource Analysis Team:
The objective is to capture and maintain the CNY high tech research and development capabilities represented by the businesses and academic institutions that support, directly or indirectly, Rome Lab and are the foundation of CNY’s high tech eco-system.
The objective is to expand the CYBER New York Alliance membership to include small and large high tech business, academic institutions and support organizations whose growth directly or indirectly depends on the AFRL Information Directorate, a.k.a. Rome Lab.